1. Requirement for collection of information
The information collected is relevant and necessary to understand you or your online browsing search pattern, including products, services and locations searched. The information is collected with an intention to provide you with a customized experience, provide updated information, related transaction information, provide help regarding usage of the Platform or any of our [other advertiser-focused websites] or new services and special offers we think you might be interested in, carry out follow ups, to assist with customer service or technical support issues, troubleshoot problems, measure gauge for surveys on your interest in the Products listed, enforce the Terms and Conditions and other related policies or to prevent fraud and unlawful use. It may be noted that the Company has strict guidelines with respect to unauthorized access to information provided by the User (as enumerated below).
2. Collection of Information
3. Usage of Information Collected
The Company is sensitive towards your information including your Personal Information and non-personal information (email, business details, demographic location and address, age, name, phone number etc.) provided at the time of registering with the Company or otherwise while availing the Services on the Platform. We use information about you to help us provide you with a more personalized service which is tailored to suit your needs.
Your Personal Information may be used by us to:
- to complete and administer the orders placed by you through the Platform;
- administer the account created by you, if any, through the Platform;
- monitor, develop and improve the Platform, Services and your experience;
- assist in and administer the provision of Services to you;
- process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you;
- detection and prevention of any fraudulent or illegal activities in accordance with applicable laws;
- investigate any suspected breach of the Terms and Conditions or the breach of other terms and conditions otherwise relating to you and to monitor compliance including by way of checking postings or submissions to the Platform.
We may also use the information provided by you to contact you for any communication in relation to
- the Products ordered;
- any incomplete transactions;
- providing reviews in relation to the Services or the Products ordered;
- any assistance required in relation to the Services or any transaction undertaken by you through the Platform.
Where and only where requested/agreed by you, we will:
- send you and keep you updated with information by email, telephone (including SMS) or mail about existing and new services and special offers from us;
- send you information by email, telephone or mail about related products or services of selected third parties that may be of interest to you; and
- use the information for marketing and for market research purposes, including internal demographic studies, to provide, optimize and personalize our services and to send you newsletters and information about the products and services.
The information is readily available on the Platform and only viewable by you by logging on to the Platform. You, at all times have the option not to provide any personal or other information about you without agreeing to register with the Company and otherwise withdraw your consent by communicating the same to us in the manner in the Terms and Conditions and the Policies. Upon withdrawal the Company will have no obligations towards you nor will it be liable for the Services and products provided till the time you had consented to retain the information with the Company. Please note that if you "do not agree" to, or "opt out" from, providing Personal Information or other information requested by us, you may not be able to access certain areas of the Platform and/or avail certain Services. However, it may be noted that the Company reserves the right to send service related and your specific and preferred transaction related communication without offering you the facility to opt-out. You can update your Account Details (defined below), Personal Information and other information at any time. At your request, the Company can also cancel your registration and remove/block your Personal Information from its database/ Platform. However, this information may remain in our archive even after deletion or termination of your account as required by law and the handling of the same is in accordance with the provisions of the applicable law and as intimated by the government agency from time to time.
4. Use of information for marketing
In line with any permission given by you to us, we may send you
- direct marketing communications about similar services/Products;
- regular newsletters;
- customized offers of our own, or selected third party services and disclose your information to other organizations who may send direct marketing communications to you. You can change your marketing preferences if you are registered with us. In addition, you can unsubscribe from email communications via unsubscribe links provided in communications sent to you. We may also request you to participate in market research activities undertaken by the Company, any information provided by you in this regard, will only be used by the Company with your consent.
For any payments on the Platform, the Company uses online payment gateway operated by third party and the information that you provide at the time of making a purchase through the Platform is held and stored with third party payment gateway operator authorized at multiple points. The payment gateway operator may also have access to your online purchase history/details that you make through the Platform. These payment gateways are digitally encrypted, thereby providing the highest possible degree of privacy and care available, currently. Whilst we are unable to guarantee 100% (one hundred percent) security, this makes it hard for a hacker to decrypt your details. You are strongly recommended not to send full credit or debit card details in unencrypted electronic communications with us. Also, you are responsible for protecting against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. We will not be liable for the disclosure and dissemination of Personal Information to third parties which you as prudent Users put up on the Platform and available to the other Users of the Platform. Kindly note that we do not store extremely sensitive information like your credit card information on our database. The Company, handles all information in accordance with the provisions of the applicable law as made applicable from time to time and only for the duration lawfully required, thereunder. The Company may disclose aggregated information, including to aggregators, about the use of the Platform without Personal Information. The Company implements standard measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception of Personal Information. However, the Company feels prudent to inform you that no internet access can fully eliminate security risks and enforcement of privacy laws are at a developing stage in some parts of the world.
6.Storage of Information
The Company does not rent, sell or share your personal or sensitive information and does not disclose any of your Personal Information to third parties unless you have granted the Company the permission to do so. However, we may pass your Personal Information to other third parties in the following scenarios:
- To help us process questions you may have about a Product listed on the Platform, service, registration or other inquiry you may have;
- To confirm or correct what we know about you;
- We may pass your information including Personal Information to our partner merchant for fulfillment of the orders placed by you;
- We may pass your Personal Information to our employees, contractors, suppliers and/or agents to administer the Services provided to you by us now or in the future;
- If you call our customer care call centre, we may pass your Personal Information to our call centre to allow them to deal with your call more efficiently;
- Assisting an agency in undertaking information for us;
- If another organization is engaged by us to perform tasks on our behalf;
- Compliance with an audit on our business;
- If we sell all or any part of our business or merge with another company;
- If it is necessary for legal proceedings and when we believe in good faith that any applicable law, regulation, government, regulatory or other authority, agency or officer requires it or to protect the safety or security of users of the Platform;
- To obtain advice from third parties such as auditors or legal advisors.
7.Third Party Sites
9.Acceptance to terms